This Page

has been moved to new address

Caught!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Semele's Riches: Caught!

Semele's Riches

Adventures in handmade childhood.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Caught!


We took the drop side off of Ian's crib today, because now that he's potty independent he needs to be able to get out so he can "go."  He was so, so excited about the idea of getting a "big boy bed," that I thought this would be the ideal way to try it out without scaring the bejeezus out of Mommy.  After all, we could always put it back, right?  Not to mention, this crib is one of several million that have been recalled because the drop side was unsafe.

So I popped it right off- it actually disturbed me a bit how easy it was- and took off the protruding metal track from the bottom.  Ian said he wanted me to take off the plastic track from the top, but I said no, I wanted to leave it for a while.

Well, apparently I did not secure the screwdriver, because I heard a suspicious noise a short time later.  When I went to investigate, I found him in the act of removing the last of the six screws holding the plastic tracks onto the crib.  He even stacked the removed hardware tidily on the dresser, just the way Raba would have done it.

I guess we're committed to this whole "big boy bed" thing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home