This Page

has been moved to new address

Mommy, I want to be...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Semele's Riches: Mommy, I want to be...

Semele's Riches

Adventures in handmade childhood.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mommy, I want to be...


Yes, I know what you are thinking. In most circumstances, I'd agree. There is little with less snob value than NOVELTY YARN, and in a great many cases it does produce a "please step away from the needles" end result.

But Halloween is coming.

And in an effort to teach my Santa-obsessed child that there are holidays worth getting excited over that are not Christmas, I am working on Ian's Halloween costume. So far, about 80% of the time, he wants to be Splat the Cat.

So that's where we're headed- A Splat the Cat Hat. (Insert Dr. Seuss joke here.) I am holding some black eyelash yarn double with some black Impeccable, and I'm working 3 stitches to the inch on 6 mm circular needles. I cast on 54 stitches for my three year old, or 18" around. I'll begin the decreases after 4.5" of stockinette.

Stay tuned for the ears, eyes, and tail.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home