This Page

has been moved to new address

A day off...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Semele's Riches: A day off...

Semele's Riches

Adventures in handmade childhood.

Friday, March 12, 2010

A day off...

No walk for us today because of the rain, although Ian requested one at the usual time today... have you ever watched "Deadwood," where Calamity Jane tells the little girl "Oops, I owe you a penny" every time she curses? Have you considered owing me a penny every time I walk a mile to help make a day when all babies are born healthy possible? If everyone who's ever enjoyed one of Ian's beautiful smiles donated just $1, I'd exceed my goal! (And many thanks to our very generous sponsors, who are featured in the sidebar.)

Since I have no walk to chronicle, I'll share a little story from our morning instead.

I made the mistake of telling Ian yesterday that if he peed in the potty every day for a week, I'd get him a present. (This boy doesn't do what doesn't interest him. Wonder where he gets that from. So potty training is sort of stalled at the moment.)

He woke up this morning yelling, "I want out, get a present!" So he got up and we're discussing the present and what it's for, and I draw him a little chart with seven boxes and a present at the end... and he nods his head as he absorbs all this information.

Ian: I wanna get dressed.
Mommy: Do you want to pee pee on the potty and get a sticker for your present?
Ian: No, I not.
Mommy: Okay, go get your clothes.
Ian runs off to his room, and comes back with a color coordinated pants/shirt combo, which I help him into.
Ian: I wanna go Rama's house; get a present.

In other words, forget it Mommy, I know where my bread is buttered, and it has NOTHING to do with that potty.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home